16th International Qualitative Methods Conference
April 29-May 3, 2018
Banff Park Lodge, Banff, Alberta, Canada
The Qualitative Report Ninth Annual Conference
Nova Southeastern University
Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA
January 11 – 13, 2018
1st International Nursing Education, Practice and Research Conference
August 25 and 26, 2017 – Crown Legacy, Baguio City, Philippines
Asia Pacific Association of Medical Journal Editors (APAME) Convention 2017
August 18-19, 2017 – Vientiane Capital Lao PDR
28th International Nursing Research Congress
of the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society for Nursing
July 27-31, 2017 – Dublin, Ireland
(Photo credit: Jonas Preposi Cruz)
10th annual Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) Global Health Workshop
Sept 28-Oct 1, 2016 – New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Asia Pacific Association of Medical Journal Editors (APAME) Convention 2016
August 27-28, 2016 – Bangkok, Thailand
27th International Nursing Research Congress
July 21-25, 2016 – Cape Town, South Africa
25th International Nursing Research Congress
of the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society for Nursing
July 24-28, 2014 – Hongkong
Health Worker Migration Symposium
September 16-18, 2013 – University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
- Concurrent Session: Presenter and co-authors: Reflexivity in Feminist Research: A Journey Of Learning
The 3rd Global Congress for Qualitative Health Research – Theme: Holistic Caring in the Global Context: Evidences from Qualitative Health Research (Presented: Dec. 6, 2013) with RDG Support
Co-authors of the following presentations: Drained Wealth and Ill Health: Human Resources for Health Migration( with Ruel Caricativo and Marian Sanchez) Presented: Dec. 5, 2013
Participatory Assessment Methods in Understanding Poverty and Gender Disparity (with Alice Follosco) Presented: Dec. 5, 2013
Overcoming Contradictions Towards Access and Equity of Health Care (with Ruth Thelma Tingda)Presented: Dec. 6, 2013, Pullman Hotel, Khon Kaen, Thailand December 4-6, 2013
- Reproductive Health and Globalization Globalization -University of Toronto (Missasagua), Canada
September 25, 2013
- Impact of Health Migration in the Philippines Migration – York University, Toronto, Canada
September 24, 2013
- Health, Human Rights and Migration Migration Center for Philippine Concerns, Montreal, Canada
September 22, 2013
- The Philippines for Sale: The Cordilleras in Peril
(Threats of Large Scale Mining in the Cordilleras) Human Rights and Mining Gender Studies, Ottawa University, September 19, 2013
- Oral and Poster Presenter; Source Country Perspectives on the Migration of Highly Skilled Health Professionals: The Philippine Perspective Migration: The Philippine Perspective Ottawa University September 16, 2013
- Presenter: A Joint Approach: Feminist Methodology, Participatory Research
The Feminization of Poverty University of Oslo and the Australian National University
June 6-7, 2013, Centre for the Study of Mind and Nature, University of Oslo
- Paper Presenter: Concurrent Session, Laying down the foundation of a transformative health Care Delivery System With: Ruth Thelma Tingda, RN. MAN, MM
International Council of Nurses 25th Quadrennial Congress, May 18-25, 2013
Melbourne Convention Centre, Melbourne Australia
- Paper Presenter: Alternative Indices for Measuring Poverty: the Gender Dimensions
With: Ma. Visitacion Molintas, Jason Ledda & Prof. Fatima Castillo
Access and Equity in health care Session: Equity/Ethics/Human Rights, May 19-20, 2013
- Panel Speaker: Plenary Session: Research Dissemination and Utilization: Challenges to Qualitative Researchers Case Presentation: Feminist Perspectives On Poverty: What is a just and justifiable measure of poverty that is genuinely gender sensitive and capable of revealing gender disparities?With: Prof. Fatima Castillo – UP Manila; Cora Anonuevo PhD, RN -UP Manila, Treasurer, PNRS Inc. ;
Nimfa Bracomonte. PhD – Marawi State University (Iligan Campus) 2nd International Qualitative Research Conference in Nursing and Health The Theme for the Conference: Adventures in Qualitative Research: Traversing Trustworthiness Towards Evidence-Based Philippine Nursing Research Society Inc., November 28-29, 2012, Bay Leaf Hotel, Intramuros, Manila
- Paper Presenter: Concurrent Session: Nurse Licensure Examination Performance of Graduates of Philippine Colleges of Nursing in the Philippines: POLICY IMPLICATIONS, Creating a legacy through Nursing Research, Innovation and Global Collaboration 23rd Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Research Congress July 30-August 3, 2012, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Paper Presenter: Concurrent Session: “Analytical Study of the Nurse Licensure Examination Performance of Graduates of Colleges of Nursing in the Philippines: Policy Implication” Engaging international publics while broadening dialogue between academics and institutions, with RDG Support
International Journal of Arts and Sciences and the Central Connecticut State University May 30-June 2, 2011, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
- Concurrent Session: Learning with Communities: Structures and Mechanisms for RH among Indigenous Peoples of the Cordilleras First International Qualitative Research Conference in Nursing and Health
“Situating & Stipulating Qualitative Health Research in Today’s Practices”, Boromrajonani College of Nursing Nakhon Lampang Dec. 1-3, 2010
Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Mentor: 2nd Mentoring Workshop (Part I). Southeast Asian Consortium on Gender, Sexuality and Health. Institution for the Southeast Asian Consortium on Gender, Sexuality and Health, administered by the Department of Anthropology, UP Diliman. Nov. 24-26, 2006. Royal City, Bangkok, Thailand
- Satellite Session Convenor: G-Strings and G-Spots: Sexuality and Reproductive Health in the Cordilleras. First International Convention on Reproductive Health Management, May 3-5, 2006. Philippine Plaza Hotel.
- Paper and Poster presenter. 3rd Asia Pacific Reproductive and Sexual Health, Malaysia Nov. 16-22, 2005
- Paper Presenter: Childbirth Practices Among Indigenous Women of Badeo*. Presentation Date & Time: 19 Nov 2005 (Saturday), 1430-1600. Presentation Venue: Giza 1, Level 11
- Poster Presenter: Presentation Title: Faces of Survival and Struggle Among Indigenous Women of the Cordillera Amidst Globalization; Presentation date &: 18 Nov 2005 (Friday) Presentation Venue: Level 11
- Poster Presenter: Title: Theme 2.5 Gender Inequalities and Implications: “Implications of Gender-based Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices; Presentation date &: 17 Nov 2005 (Thursday); Presentation Venue: Level 11
- Fellow/Participant: 10th International Women and Health Meeting. India September 20-25, 2005; Packard EII-LDM Scholar
- Resource Speaker/Mentor: Qualitative Research Methods. 1st Mentoring Workshop (Part II) Southeast Asian Consortium on Gender, Sexuality and Health administered by the Department of Anthropology, UP Diliman. July 23-25, 2005. Mahidol University, Salaya, Thailand.
- Session Chair/Moderator/Paper Presenter/Participant: 9th International Interdisciplinary Congress on Women (Women’s World 2005). Ewha Woman’s University. Seoul, Korea. June 19-24, 2005.
- Facilitator and Participant: Group Facilitation Methods. Imperial Hotel, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. December 6-10, 2004.
- Resource Speaker: Philippine Health Situation. UERMMMC-CN Alumni Association in the USA (New Jersey, New York, San Francisco, LA). August 16-30, 2004.
- Resource Speaker/Mentor: Qualitative Research Methods. 1st Mentoring Workshop (Part II) Southeast Asian Consortium on Gender, Sexuality and Health administered by the Department of Anthropology, UP Diliman. July 5-9, 2004. Mahidol University, Salaya, Thailand.
- Resource Speaker/Facilitator: Communicating for Advocacy on Gender and Reproductive Health: National Aids Foundation of Mongolia. Terlej Hotel, Terlej, Mongolia. May 17-21, 2004.
- Member, Organizing Committee/Moderator: “Transforming Global Health Care through Leadership”. 4th International Nursing Conference. EDSA Shangrila, January 20-22, 2004.
- Scholar: Concerned Environmentalists of the USA, (October 8-28, 2003), Colby College, Maine, USA
- Resource Speaker: In Search for Gold: Mining and the Environment in the Philippines: Various Colleges/Universities in Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Washington and San Francisco. October-November 2003.
- Presentor: Save the Abra River Movement (STARM): A Case Study. Presented during the International Conference on Communicating and Advocacy. Sponsored by Health Link-Worldwide (London) and HAIN, Inc. Philippines, Virginia Resort, Antipolo, Rizal. July 17, 2003.
- Delegate and Paper Presenter in the People’s Health Assembly (PHA), Savar, Bangladesh, Dec. 4-8, 2000.
- Scholar/Delegate to the Conference on Health Sector Reform, Yunnan, Lijiang, China, March 12-20, 2000. Ford Foundation
- Scholar/Delegate: 5th International Congress on HIV/AIDS in the Asia Pacific (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; October 21-28, 1999, Ford Foundation
- National Delegate to the 24th International Nurses Workshop in Tokyo and Nagano, Japan (September 16-30, 1998), International Nursing Foundation of Japan
- Moderator and Participant: International Conference on “Nursing Partnership Beyond Boundaries”. PNA America with UERMMC-CN, St. Paul’s University-CN’ University of Santo Tomas-CN and Far Eastern University-College of Nursing. Shangri-la Plaza Hotel, Mandaluyong City. December 17-19, 1998.
- “National Situation of the Philippines: Health Implications”. Presented during the National Assembly of the Centre for Philippine Concerns-Australia. NSW, Australia, December 10, 1995.
- Participant: Symposium on “Human Rights Today”. Sponsored by the Amnesty International-University of Sydney Chapter”. Lidcombe, NSW. December 8, 1995
- Participant: National Qualitative Nursing Research Conference: Stories From the Field: Nursing and Methodology Conference. Sponsored by the Faculty of Nursing, University of Sydney. NSW, Sydney, Australia. September 28-30, 1995
- Participant: International Nursing Conference Sponsored by The University of New Castle – Faculty of Nursing, Australia: “Research For Practice: Making a Difference”. New Castle, Sydney, Australia. July 7-8, 1995
- Participant: An Introduction to Problem Based Learning: A seminar Sponsored by The University of New Castle – Faculty of Nursing, Australia: “Research For Practice: Making a Difference”. New Castle – NSW, Australia, July 6, 1995
- Participant: An Introduction to Research for Clinical Setting. A seminar Sponsored by The University of New Castle – Faculty of Nursing, Australia: “Research For Practice: Making a Difference”. New Castle – NSW, Australia. July , 6,1995
- Resource Speaker: “A Closer Look at Women’s Issues” sponsored by the Action for World Development. NSW, Sydney. March 12-15, 1995
- Participant: International Nursing Research Congress. Sponsored by Royal College of Nursing, Australia and Sigma Theta Tau International. “The Adventure of Nursing Practice Through Research: A Brave New World”. Sydney, Australia. July 11-13, 1994.
- “Mobilizing Families as Partners for Health Care Delivery: A Philippine Experience”: Presented during the National Conference on 5th Primary Health Care and Diversity: University of Sydney, Department of Continuing Education and the Faculty of Nursing. November 17-18, 1994.
- “Doing Fieldwork”. Presented during the Conference on Research Methodology for Postgraduate Students of the University of Sydney, Faculty of Nursing. September 6-7, 1994.
- “Developing and Testing Strategies for Community Participation/Mobilization in Health Care Delivery in Two Selected Communities in Benguet Province, Northern Luzon, Philippines” (Co-written with Dr. Jesusa Lara and Mrs. Fatima Fangayen); Oral presenter during the 1993 Nursing Research Congress of the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Madrid Spain, June 21-22, 1993 and as delegate to the International Council of Nurses, Madrid Spain, June 20-25, 1993).