Nominee for the National Search for the Anastacia Giron Tupaz Award – 2nd in Over-all Rank; 2017
CMO Asia’s Excellence Awards (Education Excellence) – August 5, 2016, Pan Pacific, Singapore
Most Outstanding Alumni, 2015 of the UERMMMCI, July 19, 2015, Award given by the Board of Trustees; first in 58 years of existence of the University Medical Center
- Best Professor in Management, 31 July 2013, Pan Pacific Hotel, Singapore, 4th Asia’s Best B-School Awards, International
- The Regional Winner for Luzon as the Best Mentor for Health Research, given by the Philippine Council of Health Research, August 14, 2009, Marco Polo Hotel, Davao city;
- One of the Top 50 Most Outstanding Alumni of the UERMMMC in June 2007;
- Recipients of Professorial Chairs and Faculty Grant at the UP Baguio (2007, 2003);
- The Gawad Chanselor Award as the “Pinakamahusay na Guro sa Gawaing Ekstensyon” (Most Outstanding Teacher in the Field of Extension Service) in 1997 and the
- Most Outstanding Alumna in Nursing Research in 1999.
- Known to have pushed for interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary and critical social theory framework for research and extension work ( “Mainstreaming Indigenous Health Knowledge and Practices”, with 4 other colleagues in the CSS, utilized qualitative research methods; “Health Care Practice in the Community”, a publication that espouses a social critical theory of health care delivery and “Perceived Health Consequences of Gender-Based KAP among IPs in the CAR”, a publication utilizing a feminist framework and an extensive qualitative research conducted in the 6 provinces of the CAR.