Reviewer for Abstracts and Grants for STTI from 2013-present. (Average of 5-10 abstracts and 2-5 grant proposals per round).
Membership to Editorial Board and Journal Peer Reviewer
- BMC Health Services Research: 2020, 2021
- Nightingale Songs: Journal of Art and Aesthetics in Nursing and Health Sciences, Florida Atlantic University (2013- present)
- The Cordillera Review: University of the Philippines Baguio (SY2016-18)
- The Qualitative Report, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida (October 2018 – present)
- Philippine e-Journal for Applied Research and Development (PeJARD),Saint Louis University (2015-2017; 2018- 2020; 2021-2023)
- Mountain Journal of Science and Interdisciplinary Research (Benguet State University) now known as Benguet State University Open Journal System
- Invited Member of the International Advisory Board by the Editor-in-Chief of the Nursing Journal, “Reflections in Nursing Leadership (RNL) and the President of the Sigma Theta Tau Inc. (Honor Society of Nursing) Invitation Accepted November 2008 ; to sit from January 2009-December 2010.
- Philippine Journal of Nursing, Editor in Chief, 2008-present; bi-annual journal of the Philippine Nurses Association
Membership in Abstract/Grants/ Thesis/Dissertations/Technical Panels
- Member, Panel of Experts: June 14, 2018. Sotejo Hall, University of the Philippines Manila – College of Nursing. Consultative Meeting for the Research on Nurse’s Work Environment in the Philippines. Invited Nurse leaders from the country
- Invited Technical Assistance for the Updating and Enhancement of the Resource Manual and Training Guide for Public Health Nurses on Supervision for the DOH-National (Human Resource and Development Bureau and the National Center for Disease Prevention and Control: 2012
- Undergraduate, Master’s and PhD level since 1996 to present. I am the adviser of the first graduate of the PhD in Nursing Program of the Saint Louis University School of Nursing.
Research Mentor/Facilitator and Member of the Faculty for Training Programs: National Medical Writing and Peer Review Workshops and Write-shop for Young Researchers organized by the Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (PCHRD) and the Philippine Association of Medical Journal Editors (PAMJE). The training program is endorsed by the Asia Pacific Association of Medical Journal Editors (APAME); conducted biannually.
- 1st National Medical Writing and Review Workshop: Marriott Hotel, Cebu City (January19-20, 2012).
- 7th National Medical Writing and Peer Review Workshop, Green Leaf Hotel, General Santos City (January 22-23, 2015)
- 8th National Medical Writing Workshop & 1st Write-shop for Young Researchers A Post-Convention Workshop of APAME 2015 in conjunction with FORUM 2015 Sofitel Philippine Plaza Hotel, Pasay City (August 27-28, 2015).
- 9th National Medical Writing Workshop & 2nd Write-shop for Young Researchers Widus Hotel, Clark, Pampanga (January 14-15, 2016)
- 10th National Medical Writing Workshop and 3rd Write-shop for Young Researchers, Citystate Asturias Hotel Puerto Princesa, Palawan (August 8-9, 2016)
- 11th National Medical Writing Workshop and 4th Write-shop for Young Researchers, January 30, 2017, PCHRD-DOST with PAMJE held in Isabela State University, Cauayan City, Isabela
- 12th National Medical Writing Workshop and 5th Write-shop for Young Researchers , Cagayan de Oro City (August 7-8, 2017)
- 14th National Medical Writing Workshop and 7th Write-shop for Young Researchers , Baguio City (August 6-7, 2018)
- 16th National Medical Writing Workshop and 9th Write-shop for Young Researchers Cagayan de Oro City (August 13-14, 2019)
- 17th National Medical Writing Workshop and 10th Write-shop for Young Researchers Virtual Zoom (October 26-30,2020)
Mentor/Facilitator/Lecturer: Southeast Asian Consortium on Gender, Sexuality and Health funded by Ford Foundation, administered by the Department of Anthropology, UP Diliman and Mahidol University. All Trainings were conducted in Salaya Hotel, Mahidol University
- Qualitative Research Methods. 4th Mentoring Workshop Research on Sexuality in South East Asia. South East Asia Consortium on RH, Gender and Sexuality. Nov. 24-26, 2006.
- Qualitative Research: 3rd Mentoring Workshop Research on Sexuality in South East Asia. South East Asia Consortium on RH, Gender and Sexuality. July 23-25, 2005,
- Qualitative Research: 2nd Mentoring Workshop Research on Sexuality in South East Asia. South East Asia Consortium on RH, Gender and Sexuality. Nov. 2-6, 2004.
- Qualitative Research: 3rd Mentoring Workshop Research on Sexuality in South East Asia. South East Asia Consortium on RH, Gender and Sexuality. July 5-9, 2004.
Organized an Served as the over-all Coordinator of the following PNRSI National and International Conferences:
International Qualitative Research Conference in Nursing and Health (IQRCNH)
- 2nd International Qualitative Research Conference in Nursing and Health. The Theme for the Conference: Adventures in Qualitative Research: Traversing Trustworthiness Towards Evidence-Based. Philippine Nursing Research Society Inc. and Network. November 29-30, 2012. Bay Leaf Hotel, Intramuros, Manila.
National Nursing Research Conferences (NNRC)
- 1st National Nursing Research Conference: Adventures of Nursing Research: Stories from the Field. Family Country Hotel, General Santos City. Nov. 13-14, 2008
- 2nd National Nursing Research Conference: Developing Best Practices in the Nursing Profession through Research. Marco Hotel, Alwana Business Park, Cugman, Cagayan de Oro City. Nov. 12-13, 2009
- 3rd National Nursing Research Conference. Reflexivity in Nursing Practice: Journeying with Qualitative Research as a Mode of Nursing Inquiry. Iloilo Grand Hotel, Iloilo City. Nov. 18-19, 2010
- 4th National Nursing Research Conference. PNRSI: Leading the Practice-Research Interface in Nursing. Stotsenberg Hotel, Clark Special Zone, Angeles City. November 18-19, 2011
- 5th National Nursing Research Conference. Nursing Research and Innovation. Manila Tytana Colleges. Dona Tytana Tower. Pasay City. Nov. 28, 2012
- 6th National Nursing Conference. Adventures of Nursing Research: Bridging Gaps in Nursing Research. Crown Legacy Hotel, Baguio City. Nov. 29-30, 2013.
- 7th National Nursing Conference. Addressing the Gaps between Knowledge and Practice. Century Park Hotel, Manila. November 30-December 1, 2014.
- 8th National Nursing Conference. Stories from the Field: Lessons and Challenges in Research Methodology. Bayfront Hotel, Cebu City. November 26-27, 2015.
- 9th National Nursing Conference. Innovative Research Strategies in the Context of a Globalized Health Care System. Punta Villa Resort, Iloilo City. November 22-23, 2016
- 11th National Nursing Research Conference. Translation Research: Improving Quality of Health Services, Informing Policy. Supreme Hotel, Baguio City. February 27-March 1, 2019.
Training on Gender and Development and RH
- Deepening Workshop on Gender and Reproductive Health (Batch 2); Feb. 28 – March 02, 2006, Summer Place Hotel, Marcos Hi-Way, Baguio City. DOH and NCRFW
- Deepening Workshop on Dimensions of Reproductive Health (Batch 1); Place Hotel, Marcos Hi-Way, Baguio City February 8-10, 2006; DOH and NCRFW
- Training for Field Supervisors: Baseline Survey on RH May 6-7, 2006, UNFPA Conference Room, 30th Floor, RCBC Twin Towers, Makati City UNFPA, DOH, Partner Agencies
- Gender Sensitivity Training and GAD Training within UPCB and GAD Network (with NEDA) since 1999 to present
- Operations Research. Health Action Information Network (HAIN) Research Training on Gender and Reproductive Health, November 26, 2003: Research Utilization. Legazpi, Bicol.
- HAIN Research Training on Gender and Reproductive Health, November 10-12, 2003: Overview of Research; Ethics in Research; Other Qualitative Methods; Qualitative Analysis. Legazpi, Bicol.
- HAIN Research Training ON reproductive and Sexual Health, Victoria Resort, Antipolo, Rizal. February 21-23, 2002; Other Qualitative Research Methods, Focus Group Discussion, Analysis of Qualitative Data
- August 23, 2001: Focus Group Discussion: Conduct and Analysis of data;
- August 24-25, 2001: Other Qualitative methods; Qualitative Analysis
Training on Communicating for Advocacy
- Communicating for Advocacy on Gender and Reproductive Health: National Aids Foundation of Mongolia. Terlej Hotel, Terlej, Mongolia. May 17-21, 2004.
- Communicating for Advocacy: PHANSup Network, March 8-12, 2004, Bayview Hotel, Roxas Blvd, Manila
- Communicating for Advocacy, April 12-15, 2004. Antipolo Heights, Davao City.
- Communicating for Advocacy: Environmental Conservation. Diocesan Social Action Center, Bangued, Abra, September 12-14, 2004.
Membership to Welfare Organizations
- All UP Academic Employees Union (Recognized Negotiating Union of the University of the Philippines)
- National President, April 2008-March 2011 ( Covers 8 autonomous campuses all over the country); I inked the FIRST CNA in the 100 years of existence of the University and continues to be strong in negotiating for the welfare of all Faculty and Research and Extension Program Staff (REPS)
- VP for Faculty, April 2005-March 2008
- UP Baguio Chapter President, January 2005-March 2007; VP for Faculty August 2020- September 2022
- Coordinator of the Philippine Health Social Sciences Association-CAR for almost two decades (1997-2007) that cultivated multi and interdisciplinary researches such the RH Program in Mt. Province under the UNFPAA 6th country program
- Health Action Information Network, Inc. (HAIN) served as the dissemination arm for community based health programs in the country. Community health workers and health professionals acquire health updates and are provided opportunities to learn research and other health concerns thru trainings, field exposure and actual conduct of researches. Having served as President and member of the BOD, HAIN was able to train thousands of health professionals since 1980.
- Alliance of Concerned Teachers Metro-Baguio; Advocacy on socio-economic issues concerning teachers in Metro Baguio. I represented the teachers (nurses included) from the Cordillera Administrative Region and brought their concerns to the congress and senate. Collective efforts with other regions resulted to better working conditions of teachers, especially in the government sector.